Nervous System Workshop: The Power of the Mind-Body Connection
Educator: Amanda Cyr
Date: December 9, 2021
Time: 1:30-4pm EST
Duration: 2.5 hours
Max participants: 30 (A minimum of 10 participants must be registered for the workshop to be held.)
For: Certified Level 2 Essentrics Instructors or higher enrolled in the Comprehensive or Aging Backwards® certification track who have purchased the Level 3 Package
Price in USD: $100.00
*Essentrics reserves the right to have a substitute Educator teach the workshop if the scheduled Educator is unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances. This change may be made without notice. Please know that we always make every effort to hold our events as planned.
Movement starts with our minds! The nervous system is responsible for stimulating the muscles and causing them to create movement, making it an integral part of our ability to function. Understanding how this fascinating system works and applying this knowledge in your classes is key to train your students safely and effectively and evolve your own personal Essentrics practice.
Explore the unique functions of the nervous system to enhance your teaching and understanding of movement
In this workshop, Master Trainer Amanda Cyr will walk you through the physiology of the nervous system, inviting you to become an explorer of your own body and experience firsthand the power of the brain-body connection. We will delve into neuromuscular techniques, muscular imbalances, movement pathways and chronic pain, making this workshop a great fit if you are a Level 2 Instructor getting ready for your Level 3 exam – or if you’re a higher-level instructor wanting to evolve your current teaching methods by deepening your understanding of the human body.
What’s included in this workshop?
- Simple breakdown of the physiology of the nervous system
- Class focused on mindful movement and neuromuscular techniques
- Breakout rooms to connect with your fellow instructors
- Tips for enhancing your current teaching methods
This workshop is for you if you want to:
- Learn from experienced Master Trainer Amanda Cyr
- Improve your teaching skills
- Develop your cueing and use of imagery
- Better work with neuromuscular techniques and the mind-body connection
- Gain a deeper understanding of chronic pain and how to work with students in pain
- Understand your own body and how to remain safe and pain-free while teaching
- Get ready for your Level 3 exam