Total run time: 60min. (1 disc)
5 workout combinations
Components: Standing, Floor & Barre
Host: Sahra Esmonde-White
Level: Beginner to Intermediate
Pace: Slow to Medium
Created by former professional ballerina Miranda Esmonde-White, the Barre has been integrated into the Essentrics® technique since the very beginning. Essentrics® draws on many of the lengthening-while-strengthening principles found in ballet to help decompress tight joints, release tight muscles, increase flexibility and shape your body.
Intuitive and balanced, Essentrics® Barre gently challenges the muscles to extend past their habitually shortened length, helping you access your true potential for strength and flexibility. Feel your body unlock and find yourself working deeper into muscles you haven’t felt before!
Sustainable and easy-to-follow, the Essentrics® Barre Workout features a variety of tailor-made combinations. .
5 Individual Workout segments:
1. Standing: abs, waist, arms and posture (15 min.)
2. Floor Toning: thigh and quad thinning (9 min.)
3. Floor Stretch: hips, back and hamstrings (7 min.)
4. Barre Toning: legs, butt and tricep toning (15 min.)
5. Barre Stretch: complete hip, back and lower body stretch (15 min.)
5 Pre-mixed Workouts (from segments):
1. Power Full Body Tone: Standing & Barre Toning (30 min.)
2. Thigh Thinning Workout: Standing, Floor Toning & Barre Toning (40 min.)
3. Full Body, Hips & Back Stretch: Standing & Barre Stretch (30 min.)
4. Hips, Back & Hamstring Stretch: Standing, Floor Stretch & Barre Stretch (37 min.)
5. Full Body Barre Workout: Toning & Stretching Workout (60 min.)
Note: Pre-mixed workouts 1 & 2 are for toning, strengthening, weight-loss, posture improvement, and help with osteoporosis prevention and reversal. Pre-mixed workouts 3 & 4 are for pain-relief, flexibility and healing.
Filmed at: Montreal Science Centre
Release date: 2014
Preview Essentrics Barre Workout