This event will be held entirely in English/Cet événement se déroulera entièrement en anglais
Working with Athletes Workshop
Event type: Live virtual workshop hosted on Zoom
Educator: Gail Garceau
Date: June 9, 2023
Time: 1:00-3:30 p.m. EDT
Duration: 2.5 hours
Max participants: 23 (A minimum of 10 participants must be registered for the workshop to be held.)
For: Certified Level 3 or Level 4 Essentrics Instructors enrolled in the Comprehensive or Aging Backwards® entry point
Price in USD: $115.00
Essentrics reserves the right to have a substitute Educator teach the workshop if the scheduled Educator is unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances. This change may be made without notice. Please know that we always make every effort to hold our events as planned.
Essentrics has been adopted by countless professional, Olympic and amateur athletes as an all-encompassing program to aid in recovery, mobility, speed, and injury prevention. While each athlete has specific objectives unique to their sport, the underlying goal for all athletes is to continue playing and competing without pain or injuries. To do so, they require a balanced body: strong, flexible muscles and full joint range of motion, which they can rapidly achieve through regular Essentrics workouts.
Develop strategies for working with athletes of all ages and abilities
Whether you are a sports enthusiast, former athlete, or are looking to expand your offerings as an Essentrics trainer – this workshop is a great introduction to teaching athletes of all ages and abilities. Essentrics workouts provide an essential framework for enhancing efficient full-body movement and reversing the imbalances that come with the repetitive movement involved in any sport. Working with athletes requires you to show up prepared and understand a sport that you may have never tried before. It also comes with unique challenges and requests that will require you to be adaptable as a trainer. This workshop will help you sharpen your analytical skills, teach with purpose and become a more effective communicator so that your students can reap the lifelong benefits of making Essentrics a regular part of their sports conditioning.
Feel connected, supported, and inspired! This is a live online workshop you can follow from your home. The maximum of 23 participants allows for a personalized group learning experience. Spots are limited – sign up now to secure yours.
What is included in this workshop?
- Fluid, nonstop 20-minute Activation Workout geared for athletes
- Fluid, nonstop 20-minute Recovery Workout geared for athletes
- Breakdown of Essentrics techniques for improving athletic performance, recovery and longevity
- Tips on getting started with amateur athletes
- Breakdown of how to tailor general Essentrics workouts for specific sports populations
- Overview of how to work with competitive or high-performance athletes
- Analysis of (select) sports and what to consider when taking on a new athletic client
- Question & Answer period
You should take this workshop if you want to:
- Help your clients improve their sport or help them return to playing
- Develop effective cueing that speaks to the athlete mindset and motivates them to reach their goals
- Modify general Essentrics workouts for sport-specific needs including performance and injury prevention
- Teach Essentrics techniques with purpose to enhance specific movement patterns
- Learn how to prepare Essentrics workout programs for athletes that meet their objectives and support their seasonal schedule (competition vs. rest & recovery)