Available exclusively in English/Disponible en anglais seulement
Pre-Choreographed Workouts (PCWs) are the workouts Certified Essentrics Instructors teach while completing the 4-level certification program. PCWs consist of pre-defined exercise sequences set to an eclectic music playlist based on a one-hour class structure. Each PCW has a specific theme while offering a full-body rebalancing workout. All PCWs include a video (streaming online) demonstrating how to teach the workout. The accompanying written content (online) covers detailed exercise breakdowns, teaching tips, target anatomy and more.
NOTE: Please complete your purchase using the same email address to which your Instructor Certification communications are sent.
A stable internet connection is required to access this online-only product. We recommend viewing the PCW on a computer (laptop or desktop) for the most comfortable learning experience.
If you are not a Certified Essentrics Instructor, you do not have access to this product.
You must be a Certified Level 1 Essentrics Instructor (or higher) in the Comprehensive certification track or a Certified Level 3 Essentrics Instructor (or higher) in the Aging Backwards® certification track in order to purchase this product. If you do not meet this requirement, you will not be granted access to this product. We will reimburse your purchase minus any associated fees.
Instructors in the Comprehensive track:
- This PCW is recommended for Certified Level 1 Instructors and higher.
- We recommend that you wait to teach the Barre/Chair component until you are a Certified Level 2 Instructor working on your Level 3.
Instructors in the Aging Backwards® track:
- This PCW is recommended for Certified Level 3 Instructors and higher.
PRE-CHOREOGRAPHED WORKOUT 14:
CORE STRENGTHENING & LEG SHAPING
With Master Trainer Gail Garceau
With an emphasis on core strength, this workout will help you teach your students how to support correct posture and alignment as they transition throughout various exercises and positions. Some of the sequences featured in this PCW offer additional exercise variations and repetitions so that you can challenge your students as they build their strength and mobility over time.
- Strengthen the core
- Shape the legs
- Increase energy
Demographic: Intermediate and advanced fitness levels
Music: Downloadable playlist included. Also available on iTunes and Spotify.
- 30 min Standing
- 45 min Standing & Floor
- 45 min Standing & Barre/Chair
- 60 min Standing & Floor
- 60 min Standing, Floor & Barre/Chair
- 60 min Standing & Barre/Chair
- Trademark: Spine Release with an emphasis on posture and alignment
- Side-to-Side Lunges
- Pliés: short sequence focusing on alignment and improving energy
- Kicks: dynamic variation of kicks to help maintain heart rate
- Calf Sequence
- Trademark: Windmills
- Side Leg Lifts: side crunches, outer glutes and thigh-strengthening exercises
- Abs: optional additional core exercises
- Superman + Cat & Cow: strengthen the upper back
- Hip Stretch Sequence: offer a variety of modifications to improve hip mobility, including Pretzel sequence
- Seated Spine Stretches: improve posture and release tension
- Leg Strengthening Exercises: slenderize and strengthen outer thighs
- Glute Strengthening Exercises: improve posture and strengthen glutes
- Big 4 Stretch: deep stretch to improve flexibility and posture
- Spine Stretch: bring awareness to posture
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Essentrics Master Trainer
Essentrics TV workout host
Gail Garceau has been teaching Essentrics since 2013 and joined the Teacher Training department at the Essentrics Head Office in 2014. She works closely with Miranda Esmonde-White on scientific research and the development of the Essentrics program and instructor curriculum. She is pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry while training professional athletes and leading live teacher trainings, workshops and retreats worldwide. Gail is passionate about educating people of all ages and fitness levels on the benefits of Essentrics for injury prevention and improved performance. She enjoys volleyball, snowboarding, golf, tennis and soccer. Essentrics improved her power in sports and relieved chronic pain.