Available exclusively in English/Disponible en anglais seulement
Pre-Choreographed Workouts (PCWs) are the workouts Certified Essentrics Instructors teach while completing the 4-level certification program. PCWs consist of pre-defined exercise sequences set to an eclectic music playlist based on a one-hour class structure. Each PCW has a specific theme while offering a full-body rebalancing workout. All PCWs include a video (streaming online) demonstrating how to teach the workout. The accompanying written content (online) covers detailed exercise breakdowns, teaching tips, target anatomy and more.
NOTE: Please complete your purchase using the same email address to which your Instructor Certification communications are sent.
A stable internet connection is required to access this online-only product. We recommend viewing the PCW on a computer (laptop or desktop) for the most comfortable learning experience.
If you are not a Certified Essentrics Instructor, you do not have access to this product.
You must be a Certified Level 1 Essentrics Instructor (or higher) in the Comprehensive certification track or a Certified Level 3 Essentrics Instructor (or higher) in the Aging Backwards® certification track in order to purchase this product. If you do not meet this requirement, you will not be granted access to this product. We will reimburse your purchase minus any associated fees.
Instructors in the Comprehensive track:
- This PCW is recommended for Certified Level 1 Instructors and higher.
Instructors in the Aging Backwards® track:
- This PCW is recommended for Certified Level 3 Instructors and higher.
PRE-CHOREOGRAPHED WORKOUT 6:
STRENGTHENING THE CORE & SLIMMING THE WAIST
With Essentrics Co-Founder Sahra Esmonde-White
Designed to strengthen the core and improve posture, this workout is ideal for people who spend a lot of time sitting at a desk. The exercises are particularly effective for toning the thighs and stretching the legs, which is beneficial in reversing tightness and weakness in the lower body from sitting for long periods. Your students will rapidly notice the benefits of this workout!
- Strengthen the core
- Define the waist
- Improve posture
- Stretch and tone the thighs
Demographic: All fitness levels
Music: Available on iTunes & Spotify
- 60 min Standing & Floor
- 30 min Standing & Floor
- Trademark: Shoulder Blast Sequence and Pliés with Single-Arm Presses on 3 planes into deeper Lunges and Pulling Weeds for the shoulders, back, and ribcage – strong emphasis on stretching the pectorals.
- Side-to-Side Lunges: Full Circles with Rope Pulls – Single- and Double-Arm Rotations for the abs, waist, upper back, and arms.
- Pliés & Arms: Pliés with Bow and Arrow and Single-Arm Figure 8s to work the quads and shoulders, and open the hips. Arm Pumps with wrist work and Elastic Pulls from different directions – Short and Long Levers.
- Clock Kicks: To lengthen the quads, work isolation in the hips and stimulate the balance reflexes. Slow and fast kicks to the front, side and back, and Clock kicks for mobility.
- Trademark Windmills: Works the torso and spine as well as shoulder mobility. Zombies, Weeds with Front and Back Lunges and Windmills.
- Calf Sequence: Heel raisers, ankle circles, and toe and footwork that will liberate the whole body. Shin, calf, quad/psoas stretch and Hip Cleaners.
- Abs: To tone the entire abdominal area with Crunches, Rolling Abs, Scissors and Flutters.
- Side Leg Lifts: To tone the thighs and work in the hip socket – half-circles, hip rotations. Front and back pumps to tone and strengthen the glutes.
- Hip & Glute Stretch: To relieve back and hip tension.
- Seated Stretches: Works the spine, stretches the ribs with Lever Stretches such as Arm Overextensions to stretch the pectorals, ribs, and obliques. Groin and Hip Blast PNF, seated hamstring, IT band, and spine stretches with internal and external rotations of legs in the hip socket.
- Pretzel Sequence: To target the quadriceps (applying PNF), psoas, hip, and spine.
- Neck Stretch: Figure 8s for a final release.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
CEO and co-founder of Essentrics
Essentrics TV workout host
Sahra Esmonde-White is co-founder and CEO of Essentrics and host of the Essentrics Workout Series created by Miranda Esmonde-White. She has produced over 300 fitness television shows, as well as the award-winning PBS docuseries, Aging Backwards® and Forever Painless—airing nationwide on PBS and American Public Television.
Named one of Canada’s top health experts by both Fashion Magazine and Flare, two of North America’s top women’s publications—her workout series has received several awards in Canada and the UK. Sahra works closely with celebrities such as Canadian actress Sarah Gadon, currently starring in the CBC/Netflix miniseries adaptation of Margaret Atwood’s Alias Grace, and Olympians and professional athletes including the NHL’s Montreal Canadiens. With a bachelor’s degree in economics and graduate studies in public health, Sahra has made it her life’s mission to help people lead healthy lives through intelligent fitness and a thoughtful lifestyle. Her most recent project involves reviving her grandmother’s gardens and apothecary.